[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitors

>From: Julian Green <julian-at-kbss.bt.co.uk>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Capacitors
>
>Jim,
>
>My cap is made from 4 sheets of 10 mil each poly sheet and takes 10Kv directly
>from the neons.   Voltage must be highter than this when used in a TC tank.
>Don't know how much higher.  The poly in my cap does not glow.   I would have
>noticed this when running my cap dry.

Oops, I'm sorry if I gave the impression that my poly glowed. I was
asking RH if a glow COULD be seen just before the cap broke down.
If that was the case, I would surely look for it with my next cap.

>Now that you have commented about your caps glowing, I am thinking that curtain
>types of poly glow in an electric field.   The poly that I have looks, feels
>and smells top quality.  It is exactly 10mil thick and blue.  I am sorry I have
>no more info on it as my father aquired it following a road accident where a
>lorry shed its load.   The driver was only too pleased for my father to clean
>up the mess as the police had not yet arrived.
Oh well, I would have loved to know the source.

I've not been able to roll 3 layers of 6mil poly, the stuff is just to
darned slippery. Is you cap of a flat plate design? If it is rolled,
what is your secret;)?

	cheers,

	jim