[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: balloons

Re: "fulgurites"
	My neighbor's driveway shows a whole bunch of similar artifacts,
deeply melted into the concrete, which resulted from a fallen 2200 volt
transmission line lying on the ground and arcing for a few minutes..
	Happened some time before we moved here 26 years ago, but after
the neighbor lived there.  Until I pointed them out to him he never knew
what they were, and just reported that "they appeared one morning after
a wind storm took our power out for a while".  The traces are "frozen
lightning", some a half inch wide and many inches long, completely
vitrified.
Ed Phillips