[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Tuning/Debugging

Tesla List wrote:

> >From richard.quick-at-slug-dot-orgWed Sep 11 22:32:50 1996
> Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 03:03:00 GMT
> From: Richard Quick <richard.quick-at-slug-dot-org>
> To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: More Tuning/Debugging
>
> Quoting Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>

<Big Snippets>

> 1) Pros and cons on: a) plunking down $335 for a 14,400 10KVA pig
> and using that for the standard lab supply; b) plunking down a
> similar amount for another 7200 volt pig and running two pigs
> with the HV windings in series to get the 14,400 volts needed.
>
> 2) Since I have already have an investment in the 25KVA pig which
> is rewired on the low voltage side so that both 120 volt windings
> are in parallel ("Star")... If I plunk for another 7200-120/240
> pig, would it be better to rewire the second pig to match the
> first, and run the two "Star" wired LV windings in series to get
> to 240 volts input... Or, should I rewire my existing pig so that
> the LV windings are back to the Delta configuration (both LV
> windings in series for 240 operation) and place the LV windings
> on the two pigs in parallel. Would it make any difference?
>
> Richard Quick
>
> ... If all else fails... Throw another megavolt across it!
> ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Richard,
	If I were you I'd buy a second 7200-240/120 pig. That way
your original investment is'nt wasted. Unless of course you
can trade your old pig in. Second, I'd rewirer your LV back to the
Delta configuration and wire the pigs together for parrelel
operation (While your HV are in series). This is my opinion,
I like keeping things simple.

	Last, who do you know that sells 14,400 10 KVA pigs?
	I'd like to have thier phone number.

D. Gowin