[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Active Loop H-field Antenna

>>         They are shutting down a building in the
>> complex where I work. There is something there I
>> may take and wonder if it can be used in the TC
>> realm. It is an EMCO Model 6502 Active Loop
>> H-field Antenna and says it has a range of 10khz
>> to 30mhz. I myself have never seen an active loop
>> antenna, much less know of its abilities.

>> Does anyone know anything about these?
	A loop (loops, probably) of wire, shielded ageainst E Field pick up.
	'active' means it has a built in preamp.

>>Can they be used in TC research?
	At a great distance.  8)>>
	It would be real easy to blow the amp...
	Seriosuly:

>Bob unless you have a VLF receiver the antenna would be of little value.
	Tend to agree, tho it might make a useful 'front end' to a 'scope.
	At 10 KHz to 30 MHz, it could be used to check for strays and
	harmonics up thru the broadcast and shortwave band.  And, if an
	audio/rf spectrum analyzer showed up at the next hamfest....

	regards
	dwp