[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Scopes Away! - mosfet

Tesla List wrote:

> >From MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nzWed Sep 18 23:57:05 1996
> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 10:18:59 +1200
> From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Scopes Away! - mosfet
>
> Richard, in reply...
>
> > I would say that regardless of coil type, in expert hands, at a
> > given coupling, a given power will only yield a given spark length
> > in air. (period!!!)
>
> Excellent! That is exactly what I have concluded. Thank you. What are
> we to make of Tesla's famous quote then?
> Snip

> Malcolm

Tesla's quote is still good!  The magnifier is capable of much longer
sparks ultimately than any to coil system.  More power can be poured into
smaller systems to yield any imaginable spark length.  The two coil
system will forever be limited by its geometry and the required proximity
of the primary system.

R. Hull, TCBOR