[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Scopes Away! - mosfet diode

Hi RIchard (WW),

> In your current mosfet driven coil, do the mosfets directly drive the
> TC primary or do they drive a power transformer first.  If the later, I
> have a pretty good source for power BPTs.  See my Tesla list post on
> dial in current limiting.

Will do. No, I am simply running disruptive at very low power so I
can get direct measurements. This setup was _never_ intended to be
a runner as such. I've simply replaced the gap with devices I can
switch on and off with fairly precise timing to see what sort of
things a random element like a real gap might throw up with no risk
to my instrumentation.
     But I'm certainly interested in power transistors for other
purposes. BTW, for anyone considering building inverters etc for ping
supplies, the RCA (Harris?) range of 2N667x transistors are mighty -
some of the most rugged I've yet come across.

Malcolm