[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Coil overview and plans (and one reply)

To Whom it May consern,

     I am very interested in the Telsa coil. I need information on it before
Iconsider building one. It would help greatly if you could send me the
following: General plans for the Tesla Coil, Layman's terms for the
different components, Overview of the general price for everything, and a
general idea as to how it works. Thank you very much for your help!

                                             Sincerely,

                                                 Eric J. Iliff

[ Just a convenient way to reply --

  On the internet there is a wealth of information on the ftp site that
  Kristian Ukkonen maintains. See ftp.funet.fi in /pub/sci/electrical/tesla.
  Bill Beaty's homepage has pointers to a lot of stuff too.  See
  http://www.eskimo-dot-com/~billb

  There are several list members with publications on building tesla coils.
  Richard Hull/TCBOR
  7103 Hermitage Road,
  Richmond VA, 23228.

  John H. Couture
  JHC Engineering Co., 10823 New Salem Point, San Diego, CA., 92126

  Brent C. Turner
  contact the author at: 18321 Edgewood Ave., Villa Park, CA
  92667 USA.
  The sales address for the book is: P.O. Box 3612 Fullerton, CA 92634-3612.

  These are just three authors.  There are probably several more, but I'm
  running low on time.  I got the information from Richard Quick's Tesla
  References, which is available on Bill Beaty's homepage, and the ftp site.

  These are just a few quick pointers to the information that you need.  There
  are many more sources.  On the Web, use a search engine (altavista, lycos,
  etc.)

  Chip ]