[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 10X Sparks

Tesla List wrote:

> >From 73041.2215-at-CompuServe.COMMon Sep 16 22:48:30 1996
> Date: 16 Sep 96 09:41:06 EDT
> From: JEFFREY WIGGINS <73041.2215-at-CompuServe.COM>
> To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Re: 10X Sparks
>
> Richard,
> Well done!  Not bad for an "amateur"! ;-)
> BTW, was 121" the max spark length from this setup? Also, what was the input
> power during this run?
> Regards,
> Jeffrey Wiggins, Sh** Disturber

Jeff,

This was actually an errant arc!  the maximum straight line distance to
the closest wall is 96"  Slams this 90% of the time.  I am space limited
and only an occasional bizarre arc exceeds the 115" straight line
distance to a nearby metal shelf.  In a larger lab I am sure the power
level of 6.7KVA for this arc could easily be exceeded with the current
system.

I have numerous photos and video shots of this thing reaching an
occassional 115-120" arc.  The arc channel is relatively hot, too.  This
shows there is energy to spare.  I have my variac cranked only to 75% and
have never had this system operate wide open.

Richard Hull, TCBOR