[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube Tesla Coil

Tesla List wrote:

> >From MSR7-at-PO.CWRU.EDUFri Aug 30 21:43:31 1996
> Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 08:47:47 -0400
> From: MSR7-at-PO.CWRU.EDU
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Tube Tesla Coil
>
> Hello All,
>         I am working on my first tube coil and would like to know how
> tightly I should couple the primary to the secondary.  I have looked at some
> TCBA News designs, and the coupling appears to be pretty loose (probably
> less than critical coupling).  Any comments on this from the experienced crowd?
> Regards,
> Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.

Mark, Tube coils are actually coupled up pretty tight.  They can suffer a
bit of splitting and the electronic loading of the system can be adjusted
for it.  Bill Richard's small coil measures K=.1 and it is one of the
best perfomrers I have seen for the power input.  The Corums speak of
Tube coil magnifiers which they have made!  This means very tight
coupling for the driver coil system.

Richard Hull, TCBOR