[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ground rods

Tesla List wrote:

> >From bmcpeak-at-gte-dot-netTue Sep 24 22:23:04 1996
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 06:38:44 -0500
> From: Brad McPeak <bmcpeak-at-gte-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Ground rods
>
> Hello all,
> I have a few questions about grounding. I have access to 8ft. sections of
> Stainless Steel Tubing (free) would this work for ground rods. I know Copper
> (not free) is best. Also I was going to put them under my covered deck to
> keep them out of the way, but the earth is dry under there, would it be
> better to put them somewhere wetter? And last does anyone know of a mail
> order source for Tungsten TIG points or rod? I called a few welding supply
> places in the Dallas area and they didnt know what I was talking about? Thanks.
>
> Brad McPeak

Brad -

  Regarding the tungsten rods and such, I just went into a local
welding supply shop, and they had a LARGE selection of the tungsten
rods. Also had the tungsten Miller HF points in stock too. I would
call around to other welding suppliers. The one you dealt with
apparently doesn't know a lot about welders...the tungsten tips
are REQUIRED for TIG (*Tungsten*-Inert-Gas) welders.

- Brent