[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: EMP cabinet

Tesla List wrote:

> >From rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-netTue Sep 24 22:25:40 1996
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 14:14:09 -0500
> From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: EMP cabinet
>
> >>From hullr-at-whitlock-dot-comMon Sep 23 22:05:49 1996
> >Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 09:12:15 -0700
> >From: Richard Hull <hullr-at-whitlock-dot-com>
> >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >Subject: EMP cabinet
>
> >Hi Guys,
>
> <SNIP>
> >This weekend at the Va. Beach hamfest, I picked up a US government, Mil
> >spec. EMP proof standard 19" rack cabinet!  Another cast off from the
> >Naval Reserch Labs.  It is all aluminum with Mu metal interior.  It is 6'
> >tall, fully castered, and has front and rear doors.  The main door has 4
> >special cadmium plated half-turn, fold away latches which assist in
> >entombing the gear within.  There is a heavy silver puffy braiding that
> >lines the door all around. (like a refrigerator door gasket seal)  This
> >mashes against a cadmium plated rim on the face of the cabinet to act as
> >an RF seal when the door is closed.  It has huge twin 300 CFM blowers in
> >a chrome plated base and top unit along with full channeled plenum
> >within. complete elecrical busses carry voltage all over the cabinet's
> >interior.
> <SNIP>
> >Richard Hull, TCBOR
>
> Geeeeeeze!  Some guys have all the luck.  : )
>
> rwstephens

Robert,

I would say that right after the US, civilian directed, military waste
program, you Canadians have the best military surplus market in the
world.  Besides, I saw some of the old gear you used in the Radio
Astronomy quest of a few years back.  You are a kindred spirit
"scrounger".  This is the key to the doing!  Rather than whining and
wringing hands, we get out there and push and shove to scrounge up the
stuff we need to get the job done.  Information wise, the internet is a
great place to scrounge.

Richard Hull, TCBOR