[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: K Factor & Mutual Inductance

       Date:
            Mon, 7 Apr 1997 08:34:37 +1200
       From:
            "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
         To:
            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Heinz,
       You can't saturate air. In the case of a ferromagnetic cored
transformer, the core is normally operated in a reasonably linear
region of the B-H curve so L doesn't change much there either. Things
change considerably for shunted cores though.

Malcolm