[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: glass vacume gaps

  Date:
        Mon, 7 Apr 1997 08:00:19 -0400
  From:
        Heinz Wahl <hwahl-at-jtc-campus.moric-dot-org>
    To:
        "'Tesla List'" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Sounds like a great way to develop X-rays!

Heinz

> <<
>  How do you intend to seal them in glass with nitrogen?  Would like to
>  know
>  since I am interested in creating gaps like these myself.
>
>  DaivdF
>   >>
> I thought I would build the gap and have a neon man do it, he could put
> it in
> the right size tube and put electrodes on the ends. gas and seal it.
>   Stephen Sanders

David, Stephen,

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but how is the considerable heat
buildup of the gap electrodes going to be removed if they are sealed
in a glass enclosure?  I'd worry about that unless the coil is just a
5 or 10 watt job.

rwstephens