[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

neon conections

Subject:
        neon conections
  Date:
        Tue, 8 Apr 1997 21:19:34 -0600 (CST)
  From:
        Jorge <al263636-at-academ02.sal.itesm.mx>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

Greetings from Mexico !

        Im making a 900 watt Tesla Coil, I`ve already finished my poly
        cap. wich by the way was a real job, the thickest piece of poly
        I could get here was .011 mils thick so I had to had 8 layers
        of the plastic to get .088 mils wich I think is enough.

        Now im concentrating on the neon`s, I got 3 of them from a neon
        sign shop one was good the other two where way to burned out and
        some of the secondarys where damaged I`ll possibly be able to
        make one good from both. Both units are 15,000, 30ma so to get
        15,000 60ma I have to put them in parallel right. How about the
        primary`s of the neons, do they have to be in parallel too ??
        Also when I was rebuilding one of the neons, on the shunts, do
        these have to touch the core, or can they be insulated from it
??

        Thanks in advance !

        Jorge F.