[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

cleanup

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 21:05:28 -0600
From: RODERICK MAXWELL <major-at-vicksburg.pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: cleanup

   I have just about finished the first 3 transformers that I grabed
from the
 first neon shop, and have started on the next batch. If you remember I
 posted a message that three of the transformers were not marked and I
could
 not find out what brand they were. Well if you look at the plate at a
 certain angle you can barely make out the name. They are TRANSCO
 transformers 12Kv -at- 60ma. I have one of them cleaned up so far and it
seems
 to read okay. Each secondary reads around 2.1k. Does this seem like the
 proper resistance? Also I plan to put all of the transformers in oil.
The
 use of the rope caulk may work but I saw the corona at the outputs of
the
 15Kv transformer, and if you have corona there, then you probably have
it
 in the windings of the secondaries.

                                          Frankensteins Helper
                                                     Max