[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil just won't fire...

Subject:  Re: Coil just won't fire...
  Date:   Wed, 16 Apr 1997 20:29:32 -0600 (MDT)
  From:   Stanley Harle <lazer-at-earth.wazoo-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hi Tim and Mike,

> >       Primary
> >Our primary coil is made from .375" copper tube wound in conical form
> >with.375" spacing.The form and spacing is maintained with a wooden > > >and plexiglass form.In total there are just over 15 turns on this coil.

        You don't mention any method for tuning.  Do you have a movable
tap on the primary?  It sounds to me like you've covered all the usual
problem areas, but your coil sounds out of tune.  You have to vary the
primary inductance until you get maximum spark (or any spark). I usually
tune mine until I get spark from the free top wire, then tune with a
torroid attached.  Except for my present one, it seems to be stubborn...