[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Quenching & ring-down time

Subject:  Quenching & ring-down time
  Date:   Wed, 16 Apr 1997 20:07:47 -0700
  From:   "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:   "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hello John:

Noted your excellent research on quenching.  Was wondering if you noted
any correlations between ring down time and dwell time as calculated by:

 d / v     where d = electrode dia and v = electrode speed (in/sec)

also if this data has any direct correlation with actual quench time.

The difficult part in using d as defined above is that we don't always
know exactly where the spark will strike as the electrode approaches and
also where it stops.  This is a complex function as it relates to the
effects of air turbulence in the vicinity of the electrodes.  This
changes dramatically with changes in the design of the rotor and
electrode configuration.  Best we can do is hope for data that applies
to one specific design and perhaps extrapolate some key ideas to other
designs.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net