[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Specs

Subject:  Re: Secondary Specs
  Date:   Wed, 16 Apr 1997 20:27:57 -0700
  From:   "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:   "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

to: Phil

Suggest 4 inch dia. SDR (sewer & drain) from plumbing supply store with
length of 32 inches.  Wind with #28 AWG polythermalize (200 degree C.).
Start winding 3 inches from bottom and terminate 1 inch from top.  Total
winding length is 28 inches.  Use .005 MFD cap with 30 ma xmfr and fixed
sparkgap with 4-5 gaps.  Use muffin fan to blow 150 - 200 CFM air
through
sparkgap.  Terminate with 12 x 3 toroid.  Primary is 32 turns 1/2 copper
strap (or 10 AWG house wiring).  Tap primary as necessary for best
performance.

If available use 60 ma. xmfr with .01 MFD cap for best performance.  34
inch spark with this xmfr and 22-24 inch spark with 30 ma xmfr.

Have fun.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net