[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Variac

Subject:  Variac
  Date:   Tue, 15 Apr 1997 09:41:08 -0600 (CST)
  From:   Jorge <al263636-at-academ02.sal.itesm.mx>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

Hi,

I`m on my way of finishing a nice 900 watt Tesla coil, I`ve finished the
cap, the RQ spark gap and cleaning up the neons, Im now looking for a
good
variac, there`s a store in Ohio wich sells surpluss electrical eq., I
asked if they had any good 10 amp variacs, they returned me a list of
the
variacs they had:

        For a new 18 amp 0-140v with knob and dial $185
        For a new 10 amp with dial and plate $130
        For a new 10 amp without dial and plate $105
        For a used 10 amp wihtout dial and plate $ 85

Are these prices fair, should I go for the 18 amp one, or does anyone
know
a cheaper mail-order place where to get this beasties, I know I can get
them for less at ham festivals but there are none here in MX.

BTW:
        Mr. Chip
        I got the last pictures all messed up, I think it`s the school
        server, they`ve been having trouble with it lately, will they be
        placed on the funet site any time soon ??

        Thanks

        Sincerely

        Jorge F