[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid question, and Thanks for primary suggestions.

Subject:  Re: Toroid question, and Thanks for primary suggestions.
  Date:   Tue, 22 Apr 1997 07:42:32 -0700
  From:   "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:   "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

to: Brendan

You don't need more voltage.  Most small systems will operate great on
values from 9 KV thru 15 KV with 12 KV being the "average" value used.
What you need is a lot of drive current to rapidly recharge your cap.
Suggest 30-60 ma as a good value with 120-180 ma. on systems with .02
MFD
caps.

If you connect the sec. windings of the neons in parallel (your local
neon
shop can help you and show how to do this) in phase you will get an
output.
 If out of phase they will cancel each other out --- the transformer
hums,
draws power, and has no voltage output.  Reverse one of the sec.
connections and the full output appears.

Be very carefull --- higher powered systems in parallel will cook you
rapidly and you won't be able to let go --- never work alone with this
type
of system!!!

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net