[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Using guts from BTC-3

Subject:  Re: Using guts from BTC-3
  Date:   Fri, 25 Apr 1997 11:58:26 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<<
 Do you think it is possible to get good results with this
 small system if I use the bare copper wire that is sold
 for ground connections to circuit breaker boxes?

 I know it is not tubing and that its surface area is smaller
 and a waste that it is solid, but it seems to me that I can
 have a much physically smaller primary.

 One recourse: I can use the copper tubing and just have say
 4 turns, make my primary first, and wind the secondary to
 be within tuning range.

 Thanks,

 Bob Schumann

Bob,

On my latest 3" coil, I use a flat primary made with solid # 10 copper
wire,
inclined at about 15 degrees.  Performance is not bad.

Ed Sonderman