[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Source of free toroids(?)

Subject:     Re: Source of free toroids(?)
      Date:  Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:40:50 -0500
      From:  rickh-at-ghg-dot-net (Rick Holland)
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  Source of free toroids(?)
<SNIP>
>  Then an idea occurred to me that I thought I'd put
> out for comment.
>
> The magnetron of a microwave oven has ring magnets made of ferrite (or
> some sort of ceramic like stuff).  Any thoughts about this source?  I
> don't see why the magnets wouldn't work, but that's why I'm asking.
>
> Chip

Chip,

Perhaps I misunderstood. Are you suggesting using the magnets from
a magnetron in place of an output torroid?

Just in case this is the idea, I have a few concerns. First, the output
torroid of a TC is supposed to be a capacitive load on the circuit.
Capacitance is directly proportional to area, which a mag magnet doesn't
have much of. Second, a mag magnet has a strong magnetic field which
will defifinately influence the E-field of the resonant circuit.
I can't say that this will not work. I can only say that you would be
going against several of the accepted parameters of an output torroid.
This might possibly work better than anything anyone has ever tried. I
look forward to reading of your results, should you decide to try it.

Good Luck!

--

     Rick Holland

     The Answer is 42.