[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Surface Sparks = Wow!!

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, August 03, 1997 2:43 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Surface Sparks = Wow!!

To: Robert

You will find you will have to go to glass eventually as the high energy
spark streamers will begin to actually "melt" their way across the plastic.
 This usually only takes about 1/2 hour of continuous operation before the
melted streamer paths begin to show up.  Glass works just as good and can
be used indefinitely for this purpose.  We made up a 7 ft. dia unit with a
variable speed drive for the shop -- we call it the "Eye of Thor" and use
it for demonstrations.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net