[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: getting most power from Neon

From: 	Jason Judd[SMTP:jason.judd-at-anu.edu.au]
Sent: 	Monday, August 04, 1997 12:41 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	getting most power from Neon

Jim , all

When running in resonant charging mode how far out should I set the
spark gap ? With my coil I set the saftey gap at just slightly more
than the transformer can breakover by itself (without a capacitor in
parallel) and then set the main gap as wide as I can until the saftey
gap just starts to break. I understand that it is not hard to cook a
noen by taking the gap out to far, but would expect when using resonant
mode charging that the gap would need to be taken out further to get
best results.

I know I can set my gap quite a bit further out before it starts to
stutter, but would rather not take a risk on the Xformer. Also what
methods do people use to protect Neons.

Thanks

Jason