[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

List archives

From: 	Gary Lau  05-Aug-1997 1500[SMTP:lau-at-hdecad.ENET.dec-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, August 05, 1997 2:08 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi Chip:

Thanks a million for adding the Zipped archives to the web page.  I
joined the list in the March-April time frame and it's great to be able
to see everything I missed prior to joining.  I had been looking at the
archives one by one if the subject line looked interesting, but in
addition to being tedious, you really can't judge a post by it's title.
I just wish the archives went back further!

One note - After unzipping each file, the formatting is screwed up.  I
tried both PKUNZIP and WINZIP, on both .ZIP and GZIP files.  If I view
the resulting text file with the Notepad application, carriage returns
are ignored and everything just runs together.  To fix the problem, I ran
the original file through MS WORD and saved it as a text file.  Now I can
view the file with Notepad or any other editor, not an obvious solution,
but it works.

Thanks and regards, Gary