[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary Gap - pulley

From: 	Chip Atkinson[SMTP:chip-at-XiG-dot-com]
Reply To: 	Chip Atkinson
Sent: 	Tuesday, August 05, 1997 4:06 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Rotary Gap - pulley

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Tesla List wrote:

>     Thank you for your reply and information. That leaves me with more
> problems though. Where to get additional pulleys, bearings and shafting!
> And how to mount the rotor on the shaft.

Go to an electric motor shop.  They will likely sell shafting for motors
in various diameters.  The stuff they sell is very straight, which is very
important.  To mount the rotor on the shaft, I machined my own hubs, but
if you don't have a lathe, you may be able to purchase hubs at the same
motor shop.

Chip

If I can't fix it, I can fix it so it can't be fixed
Chip Atkinson; Xi Graphics 1801 Broadway, Denver CO 80202
(303)298-7478voice (303)298-1406fax (800)946-7433sales