[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor in question

From: 	Bert Hickman[SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Reply To: 	bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com
Sent: 	Thursday, August 07, 1997 8:38 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Capacitor in question

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Richard,

Based upon the physical size and ratings, it sounds like those may be
mylar dielectric caps. You may want to call CP for additional
information.

Or you could connect two or three in series and begin seeing if they
will stand up to disruptive use in your TC. Try running them only for
short periods of time to see if they show any signs of getting warm.
They could work for short periods of time even if made from mylar as
long as you didn't overheat them. However, they won't perform anywhere
nearly as well as high-power pulse caps which use polypropylene
dielectric.

-- Bert --