[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

another Capacitor in question

From: 	William Noble[SMTP:William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, August 08, 1997 11:33 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	another  Capacitor in question

interesting info - do you also have a catalog for Plastic Capacitors - I have
a small pile of .02mfd 10Kwvdc capacitors - some say "bycap" on them, a couple
say "plastic capacitors" - I've never heard of the former, but the latter have
a web site and have been discussed on this list - the Plastic Capacitors in
question say "LP100-203 - I presume the 203 is the capacitance (with the 3
being the exponent), and the "100" is the voltage rating in 100's of volts,
but what might the LP indicate??? paper??

These caps do warm up some when I use them, but so far they haven't quit
working - I use 2 in series with a 15KV 30 ma Xformer

snip
> Richard

Richard,

According to my Condenser Products data sheets the capacitors you have
are:

KM = kraft paper and mylar(polyester)
O  = mineral oil
B  = bakelite ( paper phenolic ) tube