[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: primary coil windings

From: 	corr[SMTP:corr-at-fullnet-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, August 09, 1997 11:28 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: primary coil windings

>I don't think I understand what the differences of primary coil windings
>are besides their shape.  How does each one effect performance? Which is
>best?  I haven't made my coil yet, I'm still planning everything out.
>Any info would be great.

Kevin, as I understand it, a helical primary overcouples, a flat primary
undercouples, and a primary with an inclination is in between.  Larger coils
will probably want a flat or inclined primary.  Helical primaries should be
okay for smaller secondaries.  I have a 4" diameter secondary and use a
helical primary.  Another person I know with a 4 inch uses an inclined primary.
The inclined primary would probably be your best bet.