[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Computer data

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, August 27, 1997 11:50 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Computer data

Hi Greg:

Ran some of your previous coil design data thru our computer design
program, "Resonance Master", and it generated the following data:

assuming a pri cap size of 0.18 MFD, then:

at 90 amps input   x = 21 ft. long sec. spark     this would be min input
value for this size cap

at 108 amps input  x = 25.2 ft. long sec. spark    this would be most
efficient operation point, ie, tank plate current dipped

at 130 amps input  x = 30.3 ft. long sec. spark   overdriving the system
slightly for max spark output

The above values assume a large top load and all is in tune.  Power supply
reactance matches cap size, pri in correct tune with sec system, proper
coeff. coupling (0.18-0.22), and good spark gap quenching.

I was curious if these values are in agreement with your observed operating
parameters.  If in agreement I would be happy to do a runup of your new
system to see if your new numbers agree with our program output.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net