[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Parrafin wax

From: 	David Huffman[SMTP:huffman-at-FNAL.GOV]
Sent: 	Friday, August 29, 1997 12:41 PM
To: 	'Tesla List'
Subject: 	RE: Parrafin wax

I recently de-potted my NST and made a galvanized container to put it in. I like the idea of a metal box that can be made ground, others don't. I used galvanized roof flashing which is easy to cut and bend and I soldered the seams for an oil tight box. On the top I made a cutout that was fitted with a Plexiglas cover that was RTVed in place. The tranny was secured in place and the box was filled with oil. The connections are made through the Plexiglas with screws that have rubber washers to seal the oil. Maybe I can get some pictures if anyone is interested.
I like the petroleum jelly idea. It won't slush around and it will reseal every time the transformer warms up.
My 2 volts worth.
Dave H