[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Weird ideas

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 30, 1997 6:59 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Weird ideas

On Saturday, November 29, 1997 6:59 PM Ted
[SMTP:tedric-at-generation-dot-net] wrote;

> ... I want to do some ball lightning experiment with microwave (I know about
> the candle trick, it works!). Similar to what the Corums did, who excited
> two resonators will one primary, I am going to put two resonators in a
> microwave and excite it with one magnetron. Is microwave tranformer shunted?
> Some say yes, but other say no. Who should I trust?

My experience with  microwave transformers is that all except the huge
industrial units have shunts. It is relatively easy to tell most of the
time. Look at the transformer and see if there are short core laminations
between the primary and secondary windings, if there is these are the
shunts. BTW be carefull putting any kind of metal in a microwave oven and
NEVER OPERATE A MICROVAVE OVEN MAGNATRON OUT SIDE IT'S SHIELDING!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/