[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: chokes and caps

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 30, 1997 8:53 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: chokes and caps

On Sunday, November 30, 1997 2:05 PM Matthew Mills
[SMTP:megavolt-at-usa-dot-net] wrote;

> Hi, I have got my hands on several large two lead ballasts from mercury
> vapour lamps 400W-at-250V and the large rolled polypropylene caps
> (30uF-at-250V) I was wondering whether I can use the ballasts as chokes
> (they are just like a transformer with only one winding) and if I can
> use the caps for PFC capacitors.

The ballasts are chokes! BTW their a nice source of copper wire too!

> They seem to be in the "ballpark" (hope I've used this term in the right
> context) for PFC caps
>
> do I place them parallel to my neons or parallel to my Variac?

If their the right value you connect them in parallel to your neon
transformers primary.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/