[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: how to spin metal

From: 	D.C. Cox[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, December 03, 1997 1:43 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: how to spin metal

to: Gary Weaver

Explosive forming is a great way to produce difficult shapes buy the hassle
of getting a Federal Explosive License is tough.  I am a federally licensed
dynamiter -- used to do a lot of blasting with my grandfather back in the
60's and early 70's before insurance went to over $40K a year.  You have to
have at least one year experience working with a blasting crew, provide
proof of insurance in the order of $1,000,000, and then build a special
explosives storage igloo, pay the Fed ATF inspectors a nice fee to inspect
it, and now you can purchase plastiques, ANFO, dynamite, NG, RDX, PETN, or
whatever explosive you might like to use for forming.  I promise it will
cost you at least $50K to accomplish this (especially with the insurance
requirement).  The complete data required to obtain a license is posted in
the Federal Register if anyone is interested. I maintain my license but no
longer actively do any blasting unless a contractor does the drilling and
runs me on their payroll under their insurance (large contractors who pay a
lot of liability and work comp insurance can get a "waiver" under their
insurance).

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net