[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary Spark Gap.

From: 	D.C. Cox[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, December 04, 1997 1:50 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Rotary Spark Gap.

to: Joshua

Don't use plexiglass for the rotor material.  The high temps can heat up
the plastic and release your rotating electrodes.  Better choice of
materials is type LE or CE phenolic.  1/2 inch thick x 11 in dia running on
a standard 1/3 HP 1725 motor works fine.  Use approx 10 rotating electrodes
and 4 fixed electrodes (4 total gaps) with two fixed electrodes on each
side of the motor.  Tungsten/molydenum alloys work best -- if you are on a
tight budget you can use stainless steel but the fumes are toxic so a well
ventilated area is a requirement.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net