[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary Spark Gap.

From: 	Mike Harrison[SMTP:wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk]
Reply To: 	wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk
Sent: 	Friday, December 05, 1997 3:43 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Rotary Spark Gap.

>I have concerns as well for the melting temp of Plexiglas.    I'm going
>to put together a G10 disk as soon as I can get my hands on some.
The comments on fibre discs earlier in this thread reminded me that I
had some 3mm thick PCB laminate, which ought to be pretty good. A few
layers of this (with the copper etched off, or partially etched to act
as a heat spreader), or normal 1.6mm laminate screwed/glued together
should make a nice strong disk with good insulation and temp
performance.

>*Does anyone know of a good supplier of 1/2" G10 preferably already cut
>into a disk shape?*
Why not cut roughly to size (even square), mount on the rsg motor and
use the motor itself as a lathe to cut the circle shape - no centering
problems!

   _/ L_/  Mike Harrison / White Wing Logic / wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk  _/ L_/
 _/ W_/  Hardware & Software design / PCB Design / Consultancy  _/ W_/
/_W_/  Industrial / Computer Peripherals / Hazardous Area      /_W_/