[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Variac Wiring

From: 	Chuck Curran[SMTP:ccurran-at-execpc-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, December 08, 1997 6:55 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Variac Wiring

Adam:

You will want to keep your 120 VAC input connected to points 1 & 2 and your
output to 1 & 3 for 120 VAC in/140 VAC out.  The other connections are used
for 120 VAC in to 120 VAC out and/or CCW for full output instead of CW for
full output.  As another note, the Superior catalog I have shows the 116C
type autotransformers as being rated at up to 1.4 KVA at 10 amps, not 7.5.
If you have a complete part number I'd be happy to check it for you against
the catalog data to verify this point.

Chuck