[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Signal Generator or whatever

From: 	Jeff W. Parisse[SMTP:jparisse-at-ddlabs-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, December 08, 1997 10:06 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Signal Generator or whatever

Alfred,

Get an old vacuum tube sig.gen. at a ham fest. The tube
units are more robust for TC work (i.e. your coil is less
likely to fry it). I've killed solid state test gear without the
gear being hooked to the coil... just idling a few feet
from an operating coil is enough in some instances.
Others on this list have had similar experience...

Used tube units should cost $25 - $50.

Jeff W. Parisse, Art Director
Digital Design Laboratories
www.ddlabs-dot-com