[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bypass caps and Neons

From: 	Mark S Graalman[SMTP:wb8jkr-at-juno-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, December 09, 1997 4:31 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Bypass caps and Neons

   The concept of a "lossy" bypass is incorrect,
the more "lossy" a bypass, the less its ability to
bypass. I would NOT use larger than a 500 pf, and
install the bypasses right at the transformer end
bells, use about a 1K ohm 25 watt WIREWOUND
resistor in each transformer lead between the
choke and the transformer. Lastly, make sure
the combination of your choke and bypass cap
doesn't resonate on or near the fundamental
or a harmonic of the coil operating frequency.

Mark Graalman,   Toledo, Ohio
Callsign: WB8JKR
Member: Society of Telecommunications Engineers
Member: ARRL
Member: TCBA