[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Source of Transformers?

From: 	D.C. Cox[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, December 11, 1997 7:14 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Source of Transformers?

to Zuma

You might consider also the medium size alternative -- a potential
transformer.  These xmfrs are used commonly for metering applications, ie,
monitoring the HV on a transmission line and reducing the potential from
12,470 or 14,400 volts down to 120 vac to drive a meter.  These units work
fine a usually perform well in the medium range at 3-4 kva.  They are
available from T & R Electric, Colman, SD.  Pole units are available as
well from these sources.  Caution -- one touch to either of these units
will lead to certain dismemberment or death -- not advised for anyone under
21 yrs of age  -- and I doubt they will sell you one if you are younger
than 21 for liability reasons.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net