[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

130kW Coil Update

From: 	Greg Leyh[SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent: 	Friday, December 12, 1997 6:07 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	130kW Coil Update

> A fellow coiler, Keven Conkey, had his hard drive blow, and has asked me
> to ask if the Greg's big coil is still at the shipyard.

Yes

> He'll be in the area this week, starting sunday, and wanted to know if
> the public was still invited ;'}

Yes, if the coil is operating and if the weather
is favourable (big if's), I will be running the
coil the nights of the 18th thru the 21st, and
again on the 27th thru New Year.
The general public is invited, and it's free,
of course, to get onto the Navy Base.  However,
in the bureaucratic tradition of the military,
there are a few annoying Cold War era regulations
that are still enforced on the base:

To bring a car onto the base, registration and
proof of insurance are required
No firearms
No alcohol
*No cameras are permitted, without the written consent
 of the Base Commander.  This is a completely asinine,
 yet very serious rule.  An MP saw us shooting some footage
 of the coil parts, and informed us in no uncertain terms
 that he would 'shut_us_down' if he saw the camera again!

 So please don't try to sneak a picture, at my peril!

 If you would like to take pictures, please be sure to
 get written permission from the base commander.  Otherwise
 I will be posting JPEG's from hi-quality beta footage taken
 by someone who has jumped thru the hoops, and has received
 permission to tape the coil operation.

-GL