[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Looking for Al joining ideas (fwd)

Sent: 	Saturday, December 13, 1997 9:59 AM
To: 	tesla-at-stic-dot-net
Subject: 	Re: Looking for Al joining ideas (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:37:53 -0700
From: "Wysock, William C." <Wysock-at-courier8.aero-dot-org>
To: tesla-request <tesla-request-at-pupman-dot-com>
Cc: ttr <ttr-at-ocws-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Looking for Al joining ideas (fwd)

Good points (ouch!--bleed!)  I should have mentioned that in my
original List post.  I've never cut myself "to the bone" with this tape,
but I certainly have spilt more then a few drops of blood....until I
finally developed a "healthy respect" for this tape.

The last batch I had purchased was in 1986.  It came from the
Selectrical Specialty Company, 7244 Condor Street, Los Angeles,
CA 90040.  This tape is made under the 3-M "Scotch" brand and
has a part number #1181 electrical tape-copper LN3 foil with
                                       acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive.
 Roll size
                                       1" x 18 yds.  Unit price was $24.58.
                                        2" x 18 yds. Unit price was $49.16.

I don't know if this company is still in existence today, but the 3-M
numbers should still be good.  As Ed Phillips noted below, BE
CAREFUL when using this tape!

Bill Wysock
Tesla Technology Research