[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: pacemaker & TC's (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 18:03:29 +0500
From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: pacemaker & TC's (fwd)

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997 08:41:20 EST Rusty Duncan
<LINEMAN23K-at-aol-dot-com> wrote;

> All,
>
> I am just about to smoke test my first coil and would like some safety info.
> My Mom has a pacemaker and I don't want to endanger her health.  Is there a
> safe distance she can watch from or should this be something for her to see on
> video?

Rusty, I've been informed from a number of sources that many of the newer
pacemakers are not effected by radio interference or microwave ovens
either! But not knowing if your moms pacemaker is of that type or not, I
frankly would recommend putting your mon in a grounded Faraday cage while
the coil is running! That way she could get as far or as close as she
wanted.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/