[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Transformer Protection? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 21:11:29 +1100
From: Peter Electric <elekessy-at-macquarie.matra-dot-com.au>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Transformer Protection?

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

This is not strictly correct. While the gap maybe .040", when the spark
plug is subjected to highly compressed fuel and vapor mixture, the
voltage across the gap will rise to something approaching the 1/2"
airgap value before firing.

I have also built solid state drivers for these coils using MJ2955's in
the late 60's and I still have one of these in my workshop, still
throwing 1" long sparks!

Cheers,

Peter E.