[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST/OBIT current limiting (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 17:48:38 MYT
From: Sulaiman Abdullah <sulabd-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: NST/OBIT current limiting (fwd)

Hello, I've been 'playing' with my 15kV 30mA NST and mine seems to
behave like 7.5 - 0 - 7.5 kV with 10.5 kOhm resistance and 800 Henrys
of inductance in each leg.
My NST is rated for 230v 50Hz and draws 2A rms typ. (no
'resonant-charging etc.) and the core begins to saturate at 240v rms.
Treat an NST as a normal transformer with HUGE secondary leakage
inductance.
BTW for my NST using resonant charging ( Cp = 6n4) the theoretical Q
is 12 including 2 x 10kOhm ballast resistors, 12 x 15kV rms = 250 kV pk.

>Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 14:34:25 -0700 (MST)
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: NST/OBIT current limiting (fwd)
>From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>