[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: primary hook up (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 97 19:07:10 -0500
From: Adam <absmith-at-tiac-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: primary hook up (fwd)

>What is a good means to make a secure connection to the primary coil?  I
>have a 1/4" Cu tubing primary.  Up until now I have just been using
>plain old alligator clips.  Is there anything that can fit snuggly
>around it?

I connect mine by a 1" W by 1.75" long piece of copper flashing, folded
over (around) the 1/4" tubing and held to both sides of my copper
flashing conductor strips with a #6 machine bolt and nut.  Crude diagram
below.  It works, and I suspect it is a much better connection than the
edges of an alligator or battery clip (what I used to use).

               __
       ____   |__|  <---Machine screw
              |  |  <---Nut

-Adam