[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Appearance of LDPE film

From: 	Adam[SMTP:absmith-at-tiac-dot-net]
Sent: 	Tuesday, December 23, 1997 2:33 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Appearance of LDPE film

>     I just received a shipment of 4 rolls of 6 mil 3'x100' LDPE film.
>     This film has a slight tan appearance.  The box says "Film-Gard
>     All-purpose construction grade."  I purchased similar film from a
>     difference source (a company named "Warp's"), and it had a white milky
>     appearance.  Does the tan hue of this film speak to it's suitability
>     for use in caps?

Who knows? The best thing to do is test it.  Use a variac and a neon
transformer to apply voltage to both sides of the tan stuff and the
normal clear-whitish stuff, and compare breakdown voltages.  Repeat with
several samples, and try different thicknesses.  Average the results and
you'll know which one is better.  Use that one.

-Adam

Adam Smith
absmith-at-tiac-dot-net
Epoch, Inc. Digital Music Project