[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PLL?

From: 	Gregory R. Hunter[SMTP:ghunter-at-enterprise-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, December 29, 1997 1:17 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	PLL?

Hello All,

I've been reading the mail for some time regarding synchronous AC
motors for RSGs.  Sounds like a lot of trouble to find the correct
sort of motor, disassemble it, machine it correctly, etc.  I'm
wondering if anyone has experimented with a phase-locked loop circuit
to sync a RSG?  It seems like it would be a fairly easy matter to use
a phase detector to phase lock a motor with respect to the AC mains
cycle.  An electronic approach would offer certain advantages, such
as a much wider selection of motor types to choose from, greater
flexibility in contact geometry, and no disassembly & machine work on
motor armatures.  I'm roughing out circuit ideas with pencil and
paper while I wait out the endless English Winter.  If anyone has a
schematic or even a good idea for a circuit, I'd love to see/hear it.
Happy New Year.

Greg

Bored in gloomy East Anglia