[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Flyback Converter

From: 	Scott Stephens[SMTP:stephens-at-enteract-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, December 29, 1997 12:17 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Flyback Converter

At 10:44 PM 12/23/97 -0600, you wrote:

>I have tested The flyback converter
>40vdc I am seeing abot 150 volts on the o,scope.
>I cannot test
>it at a higher supply voltage yet because the heat sink I have the
>transistors mounted on is not large enough.

flyback converters put a high voltage on the transistors, don't they?
Have you heard of 2ndary breakdown, on transistor data sheets?

>transistors in parrallel. I'm back to using fets because the bipolar
>blew as soon as I applied power!?

Fets don't have 2ndary break down, but they do have a RBSOA? curve to check.

If you keep destroying parts & get discouraged, (as I have in the past)
get PSPICE from Microsim or Microcap spice or whatever, and a data book.

Then you can blame your simulation...