[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tubing, how bizarre they are! (fwd)

John,

"David,

The triode config. is fine but may limit the spark length.   In a test I
did,
I installed an 803 into the same schematic design TC that I sent you,
and
obtained a 5 to 6" spark, by connecting a 15k resistor from the plate
supply
to the screen grid, and then connecting a 45k resistor from the screen
grid
to the suppressor grid.  It was just a quick test and I didn't measure
any
voltages or try different resistor values, maybe someone on the list has
done
more in this area?

Happy and spark-blasting tube coiling,

John Freau"

I am a bit confused as to which is the screen and suppressor grids.
Attached to this measage is a schematic of the 803, if you could kindly
tell me which is which, I would be very greatfull. The 15K resister to
G2(2) or G3(4), and the 45K across them? G1(3) would then go to the Grid
leak coil, correct?
Thanks for your help,

David Trimmell

GIF image